Why should you trust your memories to a professional wedding photographer?
It’s essential you hire a good, professional wedding photographer for your big day if you want wonderful wedding photographs. Wedding pictures will last a lot longer than the flowers, food, and drink. You'll be able to relive your wedding day every time you look at your photographs. You need a photographer who understands what you want and can be relied upon to capture every minute of your special day. The right wedding photographer can make you feel like a star!
1. Specialized and well kept professional equipment.
2. A valid and legal sales tax license.
3. Ask for latest proof of business insurance.
4. A permanent studio.
5. Membership in a professional photographic association.
6. Examples of recent work
Important points to consider:
Photographers level of experience and references – check the photographer's background and ask for references. Meet with the referees personally in order to look at the photographer's work as well as ask them if they were happy with the outcome of the work. Personally, I wouldn't hire a photographer who hesitates to give references.
Photographic style – do the images appeal to you? Do you like the photographer's style?
Personality – are the photographer's ideas the same as yours? Can you communicate with him/her easily? Does he/she understand what you want regarding the style of photography?
Packages – ask about each package presented to you and the cost. If you're not comfortable with the packages, can the photographer make one to satisfy your needs?
Accomplished work – ask how long it will take to finish your album, your bridal portrait and all the photos taken during the wedding.
Price – can you afford this photographer? Take the time to ask all that you need to know and make sure you understand all services and photos included in the cost.
Payments and deposits – if you cancel, can you get a refund? If the photographer, in any circumstance, does not show up, what happens? Can a partner take his place? Make sure you clear all of this with the photographer as well as discussing all your concerns. If the photographer's answer doesn't satisfy you, look elsewhere.
Contract – check and read it carefully before signing. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask for clarification or ask the photographer to leave you the contract overnight so you can study it. Make sure the contract includes everything you agreed on.
When looking at the photographers work, look for the following:
1. Each sample album must consist of only one wedding. Are there a lot of sample albums?
2. Is there a recent actual wedding that you could look at? Look through the photographers most recent wedding album.
3. Study each album well and see if the album tells the story of the wedding; not just similar photos filling up the album.
4. Are the portraits clear and did the photographer capture the subject's mood?
5. Are all the photos done artistically? Is there a play of light and shadow?
6. Are candid shots taken? Are they clear and well composed?
Remember that your wedding photographs will remind you of your special day and can last forever. Once you have chosen the right photographer, enjoy being the center of attention on your big day. That doesn't mean you have to act like Bridezilla, but you can certainly enjoy feeling like a star on your wedding day.